VOTER QUALFICATIONS (WHO CAN VOTE/REGISTER TO VOTE)
To register to vote in the City of New York, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States (Includes those persons born in Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands).
- Be a New York City resident for at least 30 days.
- Be 18 years of age before the next election.
- Not be serving a jail sentence or be on parole for a felony conviction.
- Not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court.
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere (outside the City of New York).
- Here is a link to the registration form in English http://www.vote.nyc.ny.us/downloads/pdf/forms/boe/voterreg/voterregenglish.pdf , for the form in Spanish, Chinese or Korean go to http://www.vote.nyc.ny.us/html/voters/voters.shtml Just print it out the form, fill out the information and mail in (the form already has postage on it, so you do not need to purchase a stamp). The form must be received at 25 days before the next election.
- To speed up the process you can register in person at any one of the Board of Election offices
32 - 42 Broadway, 7 Fl
New York, NY 10004
For General information email: ElectionInfo@boe.nyc.ny.us
Hours of Operation - 9 A.M. - 5 P.M.
345 Adams Street, 4 Fl
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Hours of Operation – 9 A.M.- 5 P.M.
200 Varick Street, 10Flr
New York, NY 10014
Tel: 1. 212.886.2100
Fax: 1. 646.638.2047
Hours of Operation – 9A.M.– 5 P.M.
3. If you cannot print out the form or get to any Board of Elections office, go to any local post office or public library and they will give you a registration form. Fill it out and pop it into the mailbox.