1. Enjoy the snow! See our guide to Prospect Park's best sledding spots and get inspired with our 2013 snow photo gallery. While you're out today, snap a few shots and e-mail them to email@example.com or upload them right to the gallery.
2. Get jazzed. Tonight at Sycamore, Patrick Cornelius's quartet plays at 9 p.m. $10.
3. Get the kids out of the house. The New York Transit Museum is having a Special Day for Special Kids today for kids with special needs. Games, art projects and musical performances will be offered between 10am and 2pm, with a quiet room available for breaks from the excitement.
4. Nerd up. Feed your inner geek with the Moving Pictures screening series: Doctor Who: Heartbreakers + Nerdeoke! @ The Way Station beginning at 5 p.m. in Prospect Heights.
5. Catch a classical concert. Today, at 4:00 p.m., The Brooklyn Philharmonic will give a special performance of Vera Pavlov’s Album for the Young at the Stevan Dweck Center at the Central Library, 10 Grand Army Plaza. In this rendition, Tchaikovsky gets personal as acclaimed poet Vera Pavlova and the Brooklyn Phil Chamber Players take an intimate look at the life of a great Russian artist through original poetry, imagery, and music for strings and piano. The performance will be followed by a post-concert Q&A with Vera Pavlova.
5.5 Dig out the car. So far, alternate side parking rules are in effect for Monday, February 11, 2013.