1. On Saturday, head to the Gowanus NITE Market, a monthly indoor pop-up market with rotating film industry props, vendor stations and locally produced goods.
2. Get your picture taken with Santa! At the Honeydew Drop Child Care, little ones, families and kids at heart can pose with Kris Kringle from 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 8.
3. Who doesn't enjoy a night of dance and song? The Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture is holding a night of folk dance and a sing-a-long called 'Prospect Concerts Presents: Contradance.' Everyone is welcome– all ages and no experience is necessary.
4. Catch the holiday classic 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' live at the Brooklyn Lyceum all weekend and throughout next week. Tickets are available at the door or online.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect. The next suspension isn't until Christmas Day.