1. Impress your honey. Along with the flowers or chocolate, how about giving your loved one a homemade pair of earrings. Learn how to do it and leave with an original set of your own at Brooklyn Artery's Beginner Jewelry Making Class. 6:30-8:30 p.m. $40.
2. Embrace your dream. Learn how to get your film off the computer and onto the camera with the Local Film Maker Series: How to Make a Low Budget Film at The Way Station in Prosect/Crown Heights on Saturday. 3 p.m. Free.
3. Embrace the cold. Now that winter's finally come, enjoy it full throttle at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden's "Illuminated" celebration all weekend, with events that include a pop-up winter lodge for families on Saturday, a pop-up "journey to Sweden and the outdoors" on Sunday and a "Mitten Lodge" with mulled wine, hot chocolate and pepparkakor cookies all weekend.
4. Enthuse to Reggae. Head to Elberta on Flatbush Avenue in Prospect Heights for the first of its brand-new World Music Wednesdays. Tonight Reggae artist Michel Aubertin performs. Show starts at 7 p.m.
5. Move the car. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today. The next suspension is Sun., Feb. 10 for the Asian Lunar New Year.