1. Have a pajama party with Project Playdate. At 808 Union St., parents can enjoy NYC nightlife without having to worry about finding a babysitter who is consistently available on weekend evenings. These fun and educational pajama parties are run by professional nannies and include a healthy dinner, story time, arts and crafts, a dance party, games, songs and a movie.
2. Celebrate the Winter Solstice Friday at the Third Root Community Health Center at 380 Marlborough Rd. Get excited, get informed & share in an experience of togetherness with music, art, poetry and storytelling.
3. Take a tour of the Brooklyn Navy Yard this weekend. Explores the 300-acre property and take a closer look at the Yard’s most intriguing sites, including a a dry dock that’s been used since before the Civil War, the 24-acre former naval hospital annex and the nation’s first multi-story LEED Gold-certified industrial building.
4. Sign up for a Hurricane Sandy Relief Work Trip taking place on Saturday, Dec. 22. The group will be meet at Grace Church Brooklyn Heights, located at 254 Hicks Street, entrance on Grace Court at 8 a.m. They will go to various areas of Brooklyn and the Rockaways that need help. Contact Barbara Pace at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today. The next suspension isn't until Christmas Day.