Nothing says "Memorial Day Weekend" like a fun picnic and BBQ, but where should you head to stake your claim on an outdoor spot?
is an obvious choice, and the Parks Department has made it easy to know where to head with this interactive map that highlights designated barbecuing and picnicking areas.
Before you grill, there are a few rules to keep in mind:
- Open fires, ground fires, and propane use are prohibited
- Tents and canopies are not permitted
- Keep your grill at least 10 feet away from trees and overhead branches
- Fires must be contained in grills that are raised at least two feet above the ground
- Do not use trash barrels or picnic tables as grill stands
The Park Drive is closed to vehicles at all times except certain weekday rush hours. Vehicles may be unloaded at the Litchfield Villa parking lots.
Where do you plan on heading to fire up the grill this weekend? Let us know in the comments section below.